Apicius 2019 Conference
Apicius International School of Hospitality at Florence University of the Arts is pleased to
announce its 5th annual conference of the TEACHING TRADITIONS conference series:
Conference Dates and Venue
The conference will be hosted at the FUA campus in Florence on March 16th, 2019.
Caterina de’ Medici: 500 Years of Italian Hospitality
Conference Call for Papers
The conference call for papers is now open. The deadline for submission is January 31st, 2019.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Florentine and Tuscan cuisine in the Renaissance
- The influence of Catherine de’ Medici in France
- Court life in the Renaissance
- The concept of hospitality in the Renaissance
- Patronage, patrimony, and the arts
- Catherine and the Medici House in media, marketing, and merchandizing
- The influence of Catherine de’ Medici in France and cultural crossovers in hospitality today
- The role of hospitality in geographical, national, cultural, and political identity
- Female voices in the hospitality industry
- "Magnificences" in hospitality today
- The impact of the Renaissance on contemporary hospitality
- Tracing Leonardo da Vinci and Catherine de’ Medici in current tourism and hospitality trends and practices
- Hospitality as a practice of spreading culture and educating in new contexts
The conference is open to the general public. To RSVP please contact email@example.com.