Active experiential learning and professional outreach are a transformative instruction for students, granting them new and valued abilities that redefine their opportunities and their future professional choices. Program offerings include the following options and are offered on a for-credit and non-credit basis:
- Internships: Student actively assist professionals in fulfilling daily tasks and chores. The student does not receive academic instruction but learns by performing tasks
- Experiential Learning Projects: Students learn by doing and observing the assigned tasks WHILE also receiving academic instruction. Include Learn and Serve course offerings.
- Experiential Learning Courses: Students receive academic education following the instructor's guidance and expertise.
- Community Service and Volunteer Projects: Integrated to academic coursework. See note* below for non-credit option.
Internship programs and experiential learning projects are available for credit and non-credit in many areas of studies. Placements, depending on student pre-requisites, can be external or within the Community Engagement Member Institutions (CEMI) affiliated with FUA. In case the student applies for a non-credit program he\she will NOT be entitled to credit transcripts.
- For-credit options are offered during the regular academic sessions. On successful completion of the program, students will obtain a transcript from both FUA and, on request, the University of South Florida, FUA's School of Record. A 6-week minimum duration is required for 3 academic credits
- Non-credit options: NC internships must begin on the date of a regular academic session. Students may choose the duration of the internship within the yearly academic calendar, from a minimum of 3 weeks. NC internships require FUA housing and a 3-week Italian language session. Additional weeks of internship and/or 3-week Italian sessions may be added. NC experiential learning projects are taken as academic courses with EL hours, please inquire for details.
- Please note: Non-beginning Career Program students may add a NC internship + housing program (Italian not required) upon completion of Level I.
The Experiential Learning Course Alternative offers a variety of course options that can be consulted at the online FUA Academic Schedule. Courses can be taken as a 6-credit format during FUA academic sessions. Please consult our academic schedule for current and future academic sessions.
*Community outreach opportunities are offered by the SLD Department and Development Office (Student Life & Development). Please note, these opportunities are an extracurricular activity and considered separate from the academic options listed above.
To enquire further, detailed information on various service learning and civic engagement options available, please contact the Admissions Office: email@example.com.