OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
- Gain fluency in the theories and practices of higher education in an international context.
- Develop an articulate and mission-focused approach to education leadership.
- Apply advanced-level and specialized research perspectives to relevant topics and issues in the field of education.
- Acquire cross-cultural skills for implementing learning and institutional strategies aimed to serve a diverse student body.
- Gain the capacity to conduct appropriate curriculum design and practices for implementation in a global campus environment.
- Identify future trends and transitions in international education in order to address evolving student needs.
Common Core (6 credits)
LAIERM560 Research Methodologies for International Educators (3 credits)
LAPYEL550 Ethics, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
Concentration Courses (9 credits):
LAIEET610 Strategies for Effective Teaching in International Education EL
LAIECI615 Comparative International Education and Student Diversity
LAIEIP600 Innovative Practices and Technology in International Education
Electives (12 credits)
Advanced English for International Educators
Social Justice in International Contexts
Teaching Methodologies for Italian Language Instruction
Two other electives may be chosen from other MA disciplines in the list below*:
- BUMAHR630 International Human Resource Management
- DIDMDC610 Digital Communication Strategies
- HPHTCL650 Customer Loyalty and Engagement
*Requests for courses not in this list are subject to approval.
Capstone Project (3 credits)
Total Program Credits: 30