OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
- Acquire a strategic understanding and knowledge of best practices in the wellness industry with the aim of improving human lifestyle and wellbeing.
- Develop balanced nutrition plans from an Italian and Mediterranean perspective.
- Develop integrated mind-body programs that address physical and cognitive health issues in contemporary society.
- Analyze and identify effective programming and operations for managing wellness centers and organizations.
- Identify and anticipate needs in client engagement practices and strategy development.
Common Core (6 credits)
LAIERM560 Research Methodologies for International Educators (3 credits)
LAPYEL550 Ethics, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
Concentration Courses (9 credits):
FWDNDS520 Dietetics and Nutrition in the Mediterranean
FWCAIG540 Italian Gastronomy: Food and Culture
HPSMWM620 Health and Wellness Management
Electives (12 credits)
HPHTCL650 Customer Loyalty and Engagement
SHSSWS630 Integrated Wellness Strategies: Mind-Body Awareness
Two other electives may be chosen from other MA disciplines in the list below*:
- DIDMDC610 Digital Communication Strategies
- BUMAGB615 Managing the Global Business Environment
- BUMAHR630 International Human Resource Management
*Requests for courses not in this list are subject to approval.
Capstone Project (3 credits)
Total Program Credits: 30