The program features an undergraduate bachelor's degree program jointly offered by FUA-AUF and Fairfield University. This unique opportunity allows students to take undergraduate coursework in Florence, Italy with the requirement of 18 credits that can be taken online through Fairfield University to earn the Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies awarded by Fairfield.
- High school completion
- 2.5 GPA
- English language proficiency: 6.5 IELTS or 71 TOEFL IBT. Students who score 6.0 IELTS or 61-71 TOEFL IBT may be admitted to the programs but are required to take LACWRS070 Research and Academic Skills and LACWWR101 Fundamentals of Writing. Students enrolling into the BLS after having already successfully completed 30 credits of FUA coursework in English will require no additional proof of English language proficiency.
Program-specific brochures will be available soon.
In order to complete the bachelor's degree, students complete coursework for general education and degree-specific requirements. For specific course requirements, please consult the detailed brochures that may be downloaded from the above Program Options section (coming soon). All students must fulfill:
- Undergraduate Core Curriculum - subdivided into 5 Areas representing Math/Natural Science, History/Social Science, Philosophy/Religious Studies, English/Visual & Performing Arts, Humanities Electives (60 credits)
- Major courses, subdivided into two General Areas (see specific program for credit requirements)
- Senior Research Project (3 credits)
- Diversity courses (6 credits, counted in Core Curriculum)
- Free electives (see specific program for credit requirements)
All programs require a minimum of 120 credits for graduation, please note that some programs require a higher number of overall credits for graduation as per credit and course requirements.
Online Course Requirements
Six of the courses (18 credits) in the 60-credit Undergraduate Core Curriculum must be taken as Fairfield online course. The online courses are distributed throughout the 4-year program and taken alongside the FUA-AUF coursework in Florence.
An optional exchange opportunity is available for students wishing to integrate a US campus experience to their overall undergraduate experience. Upon admittance to the BLS degree, students may subsequently apply for the exchange program that allows for 1 or 2 semesters of study (maximum 1 academic year) at the Fairfield campus in Connecticut, USA. Students must take a minimum of 15 credits per semester and choose coursework from the Undergraduate Core Curriculum column of requirements.
TRANSFERRING TO THE PROGRAM
University-level students may apply to transfer into the bachelor's degree programs. FUA certificate career program students may automatically transfer their studies for approved programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and details regarding the above programs.