The program features a dual undergraduate bachelor's degree program offered by FUA-AUF and Fairfield University. This unique opportunity allows students to fulfill FUA-AUF undergraduate BA pathways in Florence, Italy and also a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal and Professional Studies awarded by Fairfield.
- High school completion
- 2.5 GPA
- English language proficiency: 6.5 IELTS or 71 TOEFL IBT. Students who score 6.0 IELTS or 61-71 TOEFL IBT may be admitted to the programs but are required to take LACWRS070 Research and Academic Skills and LACWWR101 Fundamentals of Writing. Students enrolling into the BLS after having already successfully completed 30 credits of FUA coursework in English will require no additional proof of English language proficiency.
In order to complete the dual BA/BLPS bachelor's degree program, students complete coursework for general education and degree-specific requirements. For specific course requirements, please consult the detailed brochures that may be downloaded from the above Program Options section (coming soon). All students must fulfill:
- Undergraduate Core Curriculum - subdivided into 5 Areas representing Math/Natural Science, History/Social Science, Philosophy/Religious Studies, English/Visual & Performing Arts, Humanities Electives (60 credits)
- Major courses, subdivided into two General Areas (see specific program for credit requirements)
- Senior Research Project (3 credits)
- Diversity courses (6 credits, counted in Core Curriculum)
- Free electives (see specific program for credit requirements)
All programs require a minimum of 120 credits for graduation, please note that some programs require a higher number of overall credits for graduation as per credit and course requirements.
Program Formats and Requirements
The BA-BLPS dual degree program conveniently allows candidates to take coursework in a variety of formats:
- Fully remote: all coursework is taking on a remote-learning basis.
- Hybrid: coursework is taken as a combination of remote delivery and on-campus instruction.
- Low residency: coursework mostly takes place on a remote basis with some residential on-campus sessions.
- On campus: coursework taken in Florence with the exception of 18 credits taken on a remote basis.
Please note that for the fulfillment of the additional Fairfield BLPS degree, six of the courses (18 credits) in FUA-AUF BA curriculum must be taken through the Fairfield online course offering. The online courses are distributed throughout the 4-year program.
An optional exchange opportunity is available for students wishing to integrate a US campus experience to their overall undergraduate experience. Upon admittance to the BLPS degree, students may subsequently apply for the exchange program that allows for 1 or 2 semesters of study (maximum 1 academic year) at the Fairfield campus in Connecticut, USA. Students must take a minimum of 15 credits per semester and choose coursework from the Fairfield Undergraduate Core Curriculum column of requirements.
TRANSFERRING TO THE PROGRAM
University-level students may apply to transfer into the bachelor's degree programs. FUA-AUF certificate career program / AA students may automatically transfer their studies for approved programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and details regarding the above programs.