FUA-AUF’s Associate of Arts Degree in Communication and Interactive Digital Media is comprised of a combination of courses that focus on the four available program concentrations:
- Visual Communication
- Product Design
The objective of the program is to provide students with a foundational knowledge of visual communication and digital media and to prepare them for further specialization areas related to the program.
- Students will become familiar with leading contemporary photographers, video and filmmakers, and computer graphic and product designers in Italy and abroad.
- Students will deepen their knowledge of visual communication and photography, computer graphics, 3D computer design rendering and printing techniques, and magazine editorial projects.
The specialization in Photography focuses on developing:
- Critically informed photographic approach, visual grammar of photography and intent
- Analysis and technical mastery of photographic imagery
- Familiarity with studio and non-studio environments
The specialization in Visual Communication focuses on:
- Development and delivery of coherent creative concepts
- Application of visual language in multiple forms of digital media
- Creation of creative and compelling visual storytelling for professional contexts
The specialization in Publishing focuses on:
- Developing knowledge and practice of both visual design and editorial skills
- Gaining fluency in visual production for publishing formats, format and content curation of diverse products
- Adapting effective communication to emerging form of content creation
The specialization in Product Design is focused on developing:
- Ability to creatively propose contemporary design solutions through design thinking process
- Technical knowledge to design in 3D formats
- Ability to design products from a brand perspective
- Photography: photographer, photo editor, curator, digital strategist.
- Visual Communication: interactive media designer, creative director, brand manager, digital artist/animator, visual consultant in corporate communications.
- Publishing: book/periodical designer, editor, publication production manager, digital content strategist.
- Product Design: 2/3D designer, technical designer, materials researcher, product developer, product manager.