Ongoing updates from the FUA-AUF campus
FUA-AUF is pleased to welcome returning and new students on campus for the 2021-22 academic year. We believe in the resilient power of education, and the transformative potential of education in international contexts. This page is dedicated to informing our academic community of campus operations that students, faculty, and staff should be aware of for the present academic year. This page will be updated on a live basis according to EU and Italian regulations as they are released in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note that the information posted below is shared from official sources and authorities, however FUA-AUF does not take responsibility for any content related to Covid-19 protocol, legislation, and EU entry.
CURRENT CAMPUS STATUS
The FUA-AUF campus network is fully operational during for the 2021-22 academic year, which will run according to the standard academic calendar.
Covid-19 Pandemic Protocol
The institution's pandemic protocol applied as required by the local/national authorities. The protocol provides:
- Guidance on safety and prevention measures that can be activated for campus facilities, student housing, and academic activities on and off-campus.
- Multidimensional contingency plans that may be implemented according to various case scenarios.
- Specifics related to sanitation practices as required by the local authorities.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENTRY IN THE EU/ITALY
For current students entering Italy, the below information is important to keep in mind.
The below points are in compliance with current Italian interpretations and further specifications to the EU policy.
- Italian legislation, covering the current period until March 31, 2022, no longer categorizes countries for entry requirements. For travelers from all countries, quarantine is waived according to vaccination, recovery, or negative test status.
Unsure of your requirements for entry to Italty? Consult this questionnaire.
- Visa regulations have not been modified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For students who will need a visa for the duration of their program in Italy, please consult your local Italian consulate’s requirements and appointment booking procedures. The 11/12-week semester session has a duration of less than 90 days for students from countries that have a reciprocal Visa Waiver status with Italy.
- Green Pass requriements (which include foreign equivalents) upon arrival are currently active in Italy. The green pass is required for accessing indicated facilities and public indoor spaces.
Incoming students will receive from Student Life and Development updated pre-departure notices regarding entry requirements and advisories, document checklists, and all items related to preparation for arrival, orientation, and housing check-in in Florence.
Airport Arrival in Florence
For all other routes, students should plan on flight itineraries arriving in Florence at the Peretola airport as the final destination. Direct or connecting flights are both acceptable.
CAMPUS HOURS AND SERVICES
Please see our campus map and facilities page for up-to-date information on our building hours.
Student Services and Library
- Students may schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with SLD staff.
- Library visits in Corso Tintori 21 can be requested.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
Current Protocol for Campus Access - Spring 2022
In compliance with governmental and regional regulations, we would like to inform our students, faculty, and staff that the campus facility locations adhere to the following protocol:
- Temperature checks for accessing facilities
- Green pass (or foreign equivalent)
- Face masks at campus facilities