FUA-AUF 12th Annual Conference Fall 2023
Florence University of The Arts-The American University of Florence and SUNY Stony Brook are pleased to announce their 12th annual academic conference:
Conference Dates and Venue
The conference will be hosted at the FUA-AUF campus in Florence on December 1st and 2nd, 2023.
Gardens of Culture: Italo Calvino's Memos for the New Millennium.
Conference Call for Papers
The call for papers is now officially open. The deadline for submission is Monday, August 28th, 2023.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
- The visual impact of Calvino’s creative worlds on contemporary cultural
- The literary heritage of “Six Memos for the Next Millennium”
- Allegories of nature in Calvino’s writings
- The “difficult idyll” between city and nature in the work of Calvino
- Green architecture in Calvino’s writings
- Playfulness in Calvino’s work
- The role of Calvino’s work in literary education for all ages
- Calvino as a source of inspiration for artists
- Calvino’s visual sources of inspiration
- The international reception of Calvino’s work.
The conference is open to the general public. To RSVP please email firstname.lastname@example.org.