Apicius 2019 Conference
Apicius International School of Hospitality at Florence University of the Arts is pleased to
announce its 5th annual conference of the TEACHING TRADITIONS conference series:
Conference Dates and Venue
The conference will be hosted at the FUA campus in Florence on March 16th, 2019.
Caterina de’ Medici: 500 Years of Italian Hospitality
Conference Call for Papers
The conference call for papers is now closed.
View the conference program here.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Florentine and Tuscan cuisine in the Renaissance
- The influence of Catherine de’ Medici in France
- Court life in the Renaissance
- The concept of hospitality in the Renaissance
- Patronage, patrimony, and the arts
- Catherine and the Medici House in media, marketing, and merchandizing
- The influence of Catherine de’ Medici in France and cultural crossovers in hospitality today
- The role of hospitality in geographical, national, cultural, and political identity
- Female voices in the hospitality industry
- "Magnificences" in hospitality today
- The impact of the Renaissance on contemporary hospitality
- Tracing Leonardo da Vinci and Catherine de’ Medici in current tourism and hospitality trends and practices
- Hospitality as a practice of spreading culture and educating in new contexts
The conference is open to the general public. To RSVP please contact email@example.com.